Reintroduction

8/4/2011 -- A good friend of mine told me several weeks ago that I should continue blogging my life, not necessarily for any of you that happen to read this, but for me. So my goal with my new start is to reflect on things that have happened, how they've changed me, and how I can apply what I've learned to the future. Feel free to follow along or whatever, I got things under control even if no one ever reads this.

First post is something like half done, expected time of arrival: 1 week.



Thursday, September 16, 2010

Airfare Complications

 Verse of the day: The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. Psalms 23:1. I'm trying to tell myself that right now. He's got a reason for everything, just gotta remember that.

 Spanish word: Dios - God.

 Song: Home - Michael Card. No link this time, I couldn't find a posting of it online. For those of you that didn't know, the blue titles of songs direct you to the song if you click on them!
 For your convenience here are the lyrics to Home by Michael Card:

Home is a comfort and home is a light,
A place to leave the darkness outside,
Home is a peaceful and ever full feeling
A place where a soul safely hides.

And being in a home should remind you that still
There's a place that's prepared just for you
And I think my home is just Heaven's reflection
As long as my home's here with you.

Home is where someone is waiting and loving,
And happy to see you again,
That half of your heart that somebody else treasures
The one who's your forever friend.

But it seems that He's told me,
The life that He's showed me
Is a life mostly spent on the road
But when the world's empty charm
Has done all of its harm
I know that His love waits for me in you arms.

Cause home is a comfort and home is a light
A place to leave the darkness outside
Home is a peaceful and ever full feeling
A place where a soul safely hides.

And being in a home should remind you that still
There's a place that's prepared just for you
And I think my home is just Heaven's reflection
As long as my home's here with you.

And being in a home should remind you that still
There's a place that's prepared just for you
And I think my home is just Heaven's reflection
As long as my home's here with you.
(I claim no copyright or anything... It's all his)

 The reason I chose this is because leaving LC really makes me realize just how much I'm going to miss home. This song really captures the essence of Home. He does mention someone at home who is "waiting and loving" and who is "your forever friend" and no I don't have one of those yet. Give me time and I will have a home as described above. Good song!

 Airfare complications. Reminds me of having medical 'complications' or something. That's where I hear the term used the most anyway. To all those wondering, I am not in Peru right now. Jonathan and I missed our first flight outta Portland and were unable to scrounge up a flight to Los Angeles to make our connection. We were able to reschedule though, so we fly out next Tuesday at the same time.
 One thing that many of my friends all tell me is that everything happens for a reason. I love that statement. Powerful yet hard to understand, kinda like me. I've determined that there are many reasons that I could think of for God postponing it, most of which I don't care to discuss, but one would be the IT Certification books I have ordered but did not arrive before I left. I received two of four before I left, and anticipate the others soon! Other reasons could be almost anything. Maybe some terrorist is going to try to hijack the plane we will be flying in on Tuesday, but Jonathan and I will thwart his evil schemes! Or maybe Jonathan really needed to go visit his sister this weekend, or maybe I really needed to be home for some reason this weekend. I could write a whole book or something!
 I will say that my favorite place to be is home though. Home is a safe haven, a place of security, it's there when you need it, and my favorite mom lives there! And someday I'll have my own home. So it's really not a bad thing that we missed our flight. Plus I can see many of my friends here in LC more, and that's a good thing. Friends are good.
 I can't say that I have a whole lot to say, so I won't waste a ton of your time with this post. I appreciate you reading this though, means a lot to me even though I don't know who is reading this. One thing that is super cool about a lot of the people I know is that they are super supportive!! I am one lucky young man, and there is no arguing about that.
 And so my adventures continue! I'm off to get some sleep after only getting two hours last night, don't stop praying for me though! There is no such thing as enough prayer. You guys rock!!

 Prayer requests!!!
  That good comes out of our delay. Everything happens for a reason.
  My bro is still chillin with Project Patch, keep him in your prayers.
  My dad actually has a two week contract offer that could expand to 6 months!! Exciting stuff!! Prayers still though!
  My mom is going to be home without any kids remember, pray for her. I love my mom.
  My decision making center is hard at work and has been churning out some pretty crazy things of late. Pray that they are good.
  Ooh. And the airfare reschedule added to my overall cost. Could use some financial prayers too.



Peace, Hope, and Love!!

3 comments:

  1. Prayers going up for you & Jono! Way to stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading these Anthony. Miss you a lot buddy. I am sitting here trying to think of something to tell you which you haven't heard. You know God will use you if you let him. You know he is watching over you're every move. You know he loves you dearly. Your mother, brother, and father are in his hands as well. Keep the faith. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another life lesson learned!Ha! I missed a flight once because I fell asleep sitting right in front of the gate. Well, you are there now and I bet you either learn how to cook or hire someone to cook for you. When I was an SM, all of the missionaries had cooks, because there was no packaged food and everything had to be made from scratch, even the butter. Everything is fine here. It has started to rain, I guess Fall has come to the Oregon Coast. This Sabbath is the barn party @ Thompsons. Miss you guys already. God bless, and I am praying for you daily.

    ReplyDelete