Reintroduction

8/4/2011 -- A good friend of mine told me several weeks ago that I should continue blogging my life, not necessarily for any of you that happen to read this, but for me. So my goal with my new start is to reflect on things that have happened, how they've changed me, and how I can apply what I've learned to the future. Feel free to follow along or whatever, I got things under control even if no one ever reads this.

First post is something like half done, expected time of arrival: 1 week.



Sunday, April 10, 2011

Time

4/10/11

 Time moves on with or without us. Something I've always found
interesting is that's a topic hit upon time after time within Science
fiction, traveling through or controlling time. We've mastered traveling
through the other three dimensions at our discretion, so what's stopping us
from going back in time to stop the rise of Hitler or going forward in time
to bring back inventions of the future? Well one would hope that
intelligence would stop a person from doing any of the above, but is it
possible? I think current evidence suggests that no, reverse time travel is
not possible for humankind. I make that judgment based off the fact that I
have yet to see or hear of any time traveler within my life time.
 The Bible does state that, in a sense, time travel is possible for
God. I say that in the sense that God exists outside our four dimensions,
making it a simple step to travel through time. But then we're told that he
is all knowing, all seeing, and present everywhere. According to current
science, that suggests many more dimensions than just a simple four. So does
he even have to 'travel' through time? Interesting thought.
 No idea, that just struck me as I made my opening statement. I've
always been interesting in the fiction side of science, stuff like the
Stargate, Hyperspace travel, aliens from who knows where, futuristic multi-
planet societies, the what-if side of things. It's been a while since I've
had a good dose of science fiction, I'll say that I'm looking forward to
doing some reading when I get back home, if I have time anyway. It'll be a
while before I'll be able to read and understand Spanish books, I've
discovered that from reading through the Bible in Spanish, and I'm really
grateful that an English translation is included.
 But hey, moving on to life in Peru, things are going well. The doctor
got back on Friday after telling us he'd be back the two days before, funny
guy. It's interesting how he manages to consistently fail to communicate
very well. One day I was told that I'd be going to the airport at lunch,
then before I left I was told he was coming that night so I had to be ready
to leave at a moments notice, but he still didn't come till the next day.
What can I say?
 We've been working on the Ong house this week, so I've been doing
everything from helping out with the septic hole, to leveling the dirt in
preparation for pouring the concrete floor. Nothing all that exciting
really, just work.
 On Thursday, both of the girls that live here at 38, Jenessa and
Hanna, both were out at 8 for the day and night, so the Peruvians designated
me as the 'chica', which meant that I made refresco (drinks) and the food
for them (I don't say that in anyway to sound sexist). That was fun, though
for Thursday supper, we went into Campo to eat there because none of the
guys wanted to wait for me to cook for them, but it was good because I do
enjoy the fries that we can get in Campo.
 We're working on getting team jerseys for all of us, and right now I'm
just waiting on everyone to put in their 20 soles (7 bucks) so we can go
order them. They're just going to be cool looking soccer jerseys with
whatever name and number we want to put on them.
 It's been a good week all in all, spent some good times with the guys,
got to go to a different church yesterday, and today is a real day off and
my body is aching. It's a good feeling when work makes my body tired and I
have time off to recover. That is what I'm enjoying right now and it feels
great!
 I don't recommend sending me anything at this point unless you don't
want me to get it. T minus three weeks till I'm outta this place and it's
looking like I'll be back next Januaryish, but still haven't talked with the
doctor because he's only been back since Friday.
 As to expenses, this week was a low week, which is a good thing. A sol
saved, is a sol earned. I forgot 4 soles of papaya that I bought last week,
so I'll through that in this week, and then only 20 soles in food, 2 soles
to Elias for gas/food when we went into Campo on Thursday, 1 sol to Lucio
for his gas (he let me drive his Motokar!! Scariest thing ever, ha!) had 2
soles of papas fritas (french fries) Thursday night, made two soles playing
soccer and lost one (3 games). Oh, and then Monday the girls had a girls
party, so me and a couple of the Peruvians went into Campo for food, and I
spent 8 soles on a plate of Peruvian chicken just to say I ate chicken here
in Peru. So that brings me to a week expenditure of 36 soles, or about 13
USD. My total is now sitting at a solid 923 soles, or 330 USD, averaging 71
soles a week, about 25 USD. Not bad, not bad. I'm gonna have a look at my
bank account this afternoon so maybe I'll throw in an estimate of how much
I'll have leftover after I get home... Early reports put my money closer to
zero, ha! But hey, we'll see.



Peace, hope, and most importantly, LOVE,
Antonio

No comments:

Post a Comment